ECFE/SR Advisory Council
Early Childhood Family Education
and School Readiness Advisory Council
The Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Early Childhood Family Education and School Readiness (ECFE and SR) Council will exist to assist in developing, planning and monitoring the ECFE and SR program. In addition, the council will address the following goals of the ECFE and SR program:
MINNESOTA EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
AND SCHOOL READINESS
- Parent-child relationships support the child's development
- Parents* understand the importance of what they do with their child and how it changes over time.
- Parents have the knowledge and realistic expectations to anticipate and meet the developmental needs of their children.
- Parents demonstrate sensitive and responsive care and interaction with their children.
- Parents and children experience a smooth transition from early childhood programs and services into kindergarten and the larger school system.
- Parents are involved in their children's learning and education in the school-age years.
- Families participate in formal and informal social networks in their communities that support effective parenting.
- Families are knowledgeable about and appropriately use community resources.
* The word "parents" includes all individuals who function in a primary parenting role.