The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is rapidly changing across our nation and the state of Minnesota. We are committed to the safety, health and well being of our students, staff and community. We will continue to provide up-to-date information about the district’s prevention and preparation strategies. Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are offering guidance, which the district is taking into consideration into our response plans.
Here are some important things for families to know right now:
Schools Closed Monday, March 16 – Friday, March 27
On March 15, Governor Tim Walz ordered all schools in the state to close March 18-27 to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Governor Walz indicated this mandatory school closure is to provide time for staff to prepare for distance learning.
Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton has decided to cancel school earlier than Governor Walz’s order, beginning Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 27. This includes all programs, practices, activities, ECFE, Community Education, and facility use. Students will not have required school work to complete at home during these next two weeks.
During this time, staff will be working on Distance Learning Plans for the possibility of distance learning starting Monday, March 30.
- DGF Communication with Families, Staff, and Class of 2020 - May 22, 2020
- DGF Communication with Families, Staff, and Class of 2020 - May 15, 2020
- Student Laptop Return Procedures - May 15, 2020
- DGF Communication with Families, Staff, and Class of 2020 - May 8, 2020
- DGF Communication with Families and Staff - May 5, 2020
- DGF Communication with Families and Staff - May 2, 2020
- DGF Communication with Families and Staff - April 28, 2020
- DGF Communication with Families - April 27, 2020
- Class of 2020 Cap and Gown LiveStream Video - April 24, 2020
- DGF High School - Distance Learning Survey - April 17, 2020
- Glyndon Felton Elementary - Distance Learning Survey - April 17, 2020
- Dilworth Elementary - Distance Learning Survey - April 17,2020
- DGF Community Education Summer Recreation - April 16, 2020
- DGF High School Class of 2020 Cap/Gown Distribution - April 16, 2020
- DGF Driver's Education Classroom Sessions - April 16, 2020
- Childcare Weekly Request Form - April 16, 2020
- DGF Senior Spotlight - April 14, 2020
- Childcare Weekly Request Form - April 9, 2020
- DGF Middle School - Distance Learning Survey - April 8, 2020
- DGF Communication on Pickup of Materials - March 23, 2020
- DGF Internet Assistance Form - March 18, 2020
- DGF Food Service Request Form - March 17, 2020
- DGF Food Service Logistics Information - March 17, 2020
- Childcare Supporting Literature - March 16, 2020
- Childcare Request Form - March 16, 2020
- Community Notification - March 15, 2020
- Department of Education Letter - March 15, 2020
Providing Meals and Supplies to Students During a Closure
Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Schools is providing meals to children 18 years of age and under who may be requesting food assistance from the school district during the upcoming days due to the school closure. A bag of food ("grab and go") will contain one breakfast, one lunch, and two milks. This will be offered Monday-Friday beginning March 18. If you're requesting this for your child, please complete one response per child.
Free Child Care for Emergency and Healthcare Workers
To support our parents and guardians who are emergency and healthcare workers in Tier 1, free child care is being offered for their Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Schools students ages Kindergarten through age 12 on beginning Thursday, March 19 - Friday, March 27. In the event of an extended school closure, information regarding future child care for emergency and health care workers will be shared at a later date.
More information regarding child care for emergency and healthcare workers:
- Initial Childcare Request Form - March 16, 2020
- Childcare Supporting Literature - March 16, 2020
- Weekly Childcare Request Form - Will be posted each Thursday morning for the upcoming week
Questions: Contact Heidi Critchley, DGF Middle School Principal at 218-477-6838
The State Information Hotline at the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) will be staffed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to answer questions regarding childcare resources and general questions during the time of school closure. Greater Minnesota 1-800-657-3504.
Student Devices - Internet Access
It is important to ensure all students in the district have equal access to learning and required materials, including technology. For more information on device pickup, as well as guidelines for determining if you NEED a device, please contact the school office for which your child attends. Additionally, the district is looking at alternate dates for device pickups and will share further information at a later date.
The district is working with local internet providers on internet access for students. To learn more, please read the document below:
Personal and Social Wellness
We are committed to the social-emotional well-being of our students, especially during this time of elevated anxiety and social distancing. Counselors will be available to provide support services for students and consultation to parents/guardians. To learn more, review this link on Mental Health Information.
All non-district sponsored facility use of District buildings and grounds is canceled effective immediately through May 15. This includes all community group use, non-district use, etc.
If you have questions or concerns regarding COVID-19, please contact the the site your child attends or the district office at 218-477-6800.