For those of you who are new to our school, I want you to know that you are coming to an absolutely wonderful place. Our teachers and staff are passionate, caring, hardworking and always learning something new for the benefit of your children. We are a collaborative and driven group of people who take learning seriously while also making personal connections that help kids succeed.
I am thrilled at the opportunity to get to know all of you this year and engage in the educational process together. I am a strong believer in communication, transparency and individualized learning. If we are respectfully transparent and communicate with each other, we will be successful. I also believe that building strong relationships between home and school and consistent school attendance are key factors in increasing student achievement academically and emotionally.
As your principal, my door is always open and I welcome your input. I know that parental involvement is an essential component to student success, as research continues to show strong correlation between increased involvement and high student success.
I look forward to serving our learners, our families and our community!
Margaux Hylla, Glyndon-Felton Elementary Principal
Glyndon Felton Elementary News
- On Thursday, March 26th from 7:15 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., all four schools will have access to the buildings for students and parents. The following is the plan for each of the buildings for retrieval of materials:
Glyndon Felton Elementary - parents and students may enter door # 20 at any time during the 7:15 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. A staff member will greet you at the door and retrieve your materials. All guests will be asked to wait at door # 20.
Please note that we may limit the number of people in the building at any given time. Please be patient and understand we are doing so for the safety and health of our students, parents, and staff. We ask that when you are in the building you and your student practice the following:
- Upon entering the building remember that it is important the time in the building is as brief as possible (no visiting with peers - in and out!)
- Avoid touching surfaces except those that are necessary (your locker)
- Do not come in if you or a family member are sick. Please let us know and we will figure out a way to deliver your materials
- Limit the number of people who enter the building (example the student and one parent, if necessary)
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more between you and any non-family member.
More information will be sent regarding the plans for distance learning later this week as we are still in the process of completing those for our students.
Also, if Thursday does not work for your family (we hope it does for most of you), please contact your student’s individual office (numbers are listed below) to set up an alternative time. It would be really helpful if most of you can make Thursday work.
We can not stress enough the importance of checking all emails from the district regardless of who they are from.
Thank you! Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Directions for Synergy conference sign up. Read more>>
- 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration. Read more>>
- GFE Culture Parent Survey, click here.
- 2019-2020 School Supply List. Read more>>
- Interested in subbing at DGF Schools? We're looking for candidates! Read more>>
- School to Home Connection. Read more>>
- Parents Group Website. Read more >>
- Mrs. Hylla's YouTube channel. Read more>>
513 Parke Ave. S, Glyndon, MN 56547
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
8:25 am - 3:10 pm