Substitutes are an important educational component in Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Public Schools. Teachers and classified staff occasionally need a substitute for either professional or personal reasons.
To ensure that the district has a large pool of qualified substitutes available, the district's Human Resources department continually recruits substitute teachers and paraprofessionals. State requirements for a substitute teacher is a bachelor's degree and successful submission of the short call substitute application. For more information contact Jeannie Highness, Human Resources at 218.477.6866 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming a Substitute for the Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton School District
In order to be employed as a substitute teacher or classified employee (paraprofessionals, cooks, etc) the following needs to happen:
- Submit the short call substitute application from Minnesota Department of Education (for teacher's only). This step should be completed prior to any local application submissions (MDE provides background checks and issues license number). If you have an active teacher's license number issued by MDE, this task is not necessary.
- To become a substitute teacher, please submit the teacher application.
- To become a substitute for a classified employee, please submit the employment application and consent form (starts the background check).
Receiving Job Assignments
Once the completed forms are approved, substitutes will receive an email from the district with their login information and their Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Substitutes have two ways of receiving assignments.
- They can log onto the Frontline System 24 hours a day to accept jobs in advance. This allows the substitutes to fill their schedules ahead of time instead of waiting for the system to call them.
- Frontline will call with jobs that have been entered into the system. The system calls out from 5-10 p.m. for jobs the next day or for the future. The system begins calling at 5:30 a.m. for jobs that day.
For assistance or more information on Frontline, contact Brooke Belka, Frontline operator, at email@example.com or 218.477.6825.
Subbing in the Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Public Schools
Substitutes should plan on arriving at the building where they will be subbing at least half an hour before the students arrive to familiarize themselves with the routine for the day.
Substitutes should check in at the school's office when they arrive at the building and again when they leave for the day. Substitutes planning to eat a school lunch should purchase their lunch tickets in the office in the morning.
Monthly payment for subbing is based on the district payroll dates. Any jobs done after the 20th of the month will be paid on the following month's check. Payday is the 30th of the month, or the Friday before if it falls on the weekend.