Substitutes are an important educational component in Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Public Schools. Teachers and paraprofessionals occasionally need a substitute for either professional or personal reasons.
To ensure that the district has a large pool of qualified substitutes available, the district's Human Resources department continually recruits substitute teachers and paraprofessionals. The district uses AESOP to contact substitutes who have registered with the system about available positions. For more information contact Jeannie Highness, Human Resources at 218.477.6866 or email@example.com.
Becoming a substitute for the Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton School District
In order to be employed as a substitute teacher or paraprofessional, provide the Human Resources with the following forms:
- Current classified application (for paraprofessionals)
- Completed W-4 form
- I-9 form (MUST SEE OR HAVE PHOTOCOPY COPY OF driver's license and Social Security card)
- Photocopy of valid Minnesota Teaching Certificate (for teachers)
- Background check ($15)
- Form MWR (for ND residents- EACH calendar year)
- Direct Deposit Info (MUST HAVE savings or checking acct)
- Workshop opportunity to ensure applicants have the required education and forms, click here
Once the completed forms are returned, substitutes are entered into the AESOP system. Substitutes must then register themselves with the system to receive their Personal Identification Number (PIN).
For assistance or more information on AESOP, contact Brooke Belka, AESOP operator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218.477.6825.
Receiving Job Assignments
Substitutes have two ways of receiving assignments.
- They can call into the AESOP System 24 hours a day to accept jobs in advance. This allows the substitutes to fill their schedules ahead of time instead of waiting for the system to call them.
- The AESOP will call with jobs that have been entered into the system. The system calls out from 5-10 p.m. for jobs the next day or for the future. The system begins calling at 5:30 a.m. for jobs that day.
Subbing in the Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Public Schools
Substitutes should plan on arriving at the building where they will be subbing at least half an hour before the students arrive to familiarize themselves with the routine for the day.
Substitutes should check in at the school's office when they arrive at the building and again when they leave for the day. Substitutes planning to eat a school lunch should purchase their lunch tickets in the office in the morning.
Monthly payment for subbing is based on the district payroll dates, which generally fall on the 20th of each the month. Any jobs done after the 20th of the month will be paid on the following month's check. Payday is the 30th of the month, or the Friday before if it falls on the weekend.