Listed below are summary points that pertains to the tax impact associated with this bond referendum.
- Total cost of bond project is $40,525,000.00. Voter approved costs are $31,435,000.00. Board approved costs are $9,090,000.00. Costs split between multiple sources to maximize State Aid.
- For a $175,000 residential home (average cost in Clay county), the tax impact based on passage of the DGF School Board Referendum will be approximately $254.57 a year.
- Agricultural land (Ag2School Credit 50%) is currently assessed at an average of $4,000/acre. Based on passage of the DGF School Bond Referendum, the approximate tax impact for each acre of land will be:
- Ag Homestead - Tax impact per acre: $1.34
- Ag Non-Homestead - Tax impact per acre: $2.68